Senior Software Engineer
At Caliber we use state of the art technology to help corporates improve their reputation management, communication, marketing and culture – and build a trusted business. Our SaaS platform surveys hundreds of people every day to generate easy-to-use perception metrics that are analyzed and visualized in real time.
We are a startup with a growing customer base, having won several awards and got nominated as one of 10 most promising global start-ups at Start Alliance conference in Berlin last year. We recently successfully closed seed funding, and are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead all our R&D efforts and take us to the next level.
Join a rapid and exciting journey of international expansion – our SaaS platform has a growing paid customer base in Denmark, and we are now rolling it out across Europe. A great opportunity for an aspiring CTO!
You will be working with an exceptional group of people consisting of communication, market research and business development professionals. You will be located at Rådhuspladen in the heart of Copenhagen as part of an international team.
We are now planning the next generation of our advanced platform, and as the new colleague you will be asked to lead the way in defining and specifying the next generation of the product, and ensure that version 2.0 of our digital platform planned for 2020 is an even bigger success than its predecessor. If you have experience with SaaS architecture, back-end development and PHP – this is the position for you!
You will be in charge of development and ongoing maintenance of our platform, as well as take a lead on organizing and managing a near-shore team of developers. You will be expected to cover the main part of product development incl. code writing, while gradually hiring and leading an internal R&D team so that all development work is insourced over time. Last but not least, you will interact with some of the exciting and biggest companies in the world to ensure the best user experience.
All in all, this is a great opportunity to grow into a full CTO position over the next 1-2 years.
Overall you will be responsible for:
- Setting a technical vision for the company’s product
- Defining the new architecture and tech stack for the next generation of our platform
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all new enhancements
- Maintaining a customer-focused outlook and being responsible for the continuous delivery of new features and functionalities
- Every aspect of the product – requiring analysis and definition, back-end and front-end development and implementation, test and development of user interface
- Carry out back-end development
- Manage external resources consisting of junior back-end and front-end developers, data scientists, web designers etc.
- Gradually build and lead an internal R&D team and define its working methodologies
- Manage external and internal IT resources
There is plenty of room to build and create., with the opportunity to define your own position, goals, tasks and responsibilities. Our corporate culture is very open with flat hierarchy, and each individual has equal chance to influence how the company develops.
This is a full-time position that may involve limited travel across Europe.
Our corporate Language is English.
Key skills, characteristics & knowledge
We expect that you have minimum 5 years of experience working in software development and management of IT projects and resources. Key required skills are as follows:
- Advanced technological skill-set and a demonstrated history with technology
- Team and project management skills
- A team player
- Extensive industry knowledge and curiosity, especially in a SaaS environment
- Hands-on back-end development experience
- Knowledge of PHP is a must
- Understanding of user experience and the importance of developing customer driven solutions
- AI/ML knowledge is a plus
- Big Data knowledge is a plus
- Experience from a start-up environment is a plus
- Fluent in English
- A great sense of humor
This is a unique opportunity to start work in an international organization that is redefining the field of corporate reputation management across countries and sectors.
For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.groupcaliber.com
Please send your application by mail to [email protected] or apply directly through our website. We are evaluating applications and invite relevant candidates on an ongoing basis, as we would like the position to be staffed as soon as possible.