Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
At Caliber we use state of the art technology to help enterprises improve their reputation management – and build a trusted business. Our platform surveys hundreds of people every day to generate easy-to-use perception metrics that are analyzed and visualized in real time.
We are a startup with a growing customer base, having won several awards and nominated as one of 10 promising global start-ups at the Start Alliance conference in Berlin in 2019. We recently successfully closed seed funding, and are now looking for a CTO who is both a dreamer and a doer – and can take us to the next level.
Join a rapid and exciting journey of international expansion – our SaaS platform has a growing paid customer base in Denmark, and we are now rolling it out across Europe. You will be working with an exceptional group of people consisting of communication, market research and business development professionals. You will be located at Rådhuspladen in the heart of Copenhagen as part of an international team.
We are happy to announce that we are now planning the next generation of our advanced platform, and as the new CTO you will be asked to play a central role in defining and specifying the next generation of the product, and ensure that version 2.0 of our digital platform planned for 2020 is an even bigger success than its predecessor. If you have experience with software architecture and development, strategic planning and B2B SaaS – this is the position for you!
You will also be in charge of day to day product development, roadmap and ongoing maintenance, as well as take a lead on organizing and managing a near-shore team of developers. You will be expected to gradually build and lead an internal R&D team so that all development work is insourced over time.
Last but not least, you will interact with some of Europe’s largest companies who are current and future customers to ensure the best user experience.
Overall you will be responsible for:
- Setting a technical vision for the company’s product
- Defining new architecture and specifications for the next generation of our platform
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all new enhancements
- Maintaining a customer-focused outlook and being responsible for the continuous delivery of new features and functionalities
- Every aspect of the product – requiring analysis and definition, back-end and front-end development and implementation, test and development of user interface
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments
- Gradually build and lead an internal R&D team and define its working methodologies
- Manage external and internal IT resources
There is plenty of room to build and create, and you will have an opportunity to define your own position, goals, tasks and responsibilities. Our corporate culture is very open with flat hierarchy, and each individual has an equal chance to influence how the company develops.
This is a full-time position that may involve limited travel across Europe.
Our corporate Language is English.
Key skills, characteristics & knowledge
We expect that you have minimum 5 years of experience working in software development and management of IT projects and resources. Key required skills are as follows:
- An entrepreneurial mindset: you are highly motivated by building up businesses
- Advanced technological skill-set and a demonstrated history with technology
- Exceptional team and project management skills
- A team player
- Extensive industry knowledge and curiosity
- Software development skills and PM experience
- Understanding of user experience and the importance of developing customer driven solutions
- AI/ML knowledge is a plus
- Big Data knowledge is a plus
- Experience from a start-up environment is a plus
- Fluent in English
- A great sense of humor
We do not expect the CTO to do all the coding, but it is important that you HAVE DEVELOPER EXPERIENCE, and can understand and advice on both back-end and front-end development.
This is a unique opportunity to start work in an international organization that is redefining the field of corporate reputation management across countries and sectors.
For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.groupcaliber.com
Please send your application by mail to [email protected] or apply directly through our website. We are evaluating applications and invite relevant candidates on an ongoing basis, as we would like the position to be staffed as soon as possible.